Saturday, February 20, 2016

Project 2 - Movie Poster - Concept and Work In Progress

For our second project, we were asked to recreate a movie poster, so I did a little searching for something that would grab my attention, and I came across this:






Now I've not actually watched this movie, but the poster itself struck me as something that I could work with. I'm still a very long way from completing the assignment, but I've come up with a "Proof of Concept" that has a bit of potential:





Please bear in mind that this is a work in progress. I know that the names along the top aren't quite right yet, and I want to add a few more touches to it to make it pop, but I think that this is a solid start. The flag and flames were created by me, but the caricatures I found on the net (usage rights were observed). The title itself was created in Bryce as a 3D model (I'm not 100% happy with the way it turned out, so I may just export the 3D model into another app (probably Carrara or Hexagon, or maybe even Daz Studio), and try to get a more suitable image from it. I'll just have to see. :) For now, though, I'm happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment