Thursday, February 4, 2016

Post 2 - Pixel Stretching

This week's assignment was rather fun, and helped me to get more familiar with a few of Photoshop's tools. We were to find an image that contained some vibrant colors (I chose this one)
and use the "Single Row Marquee Tool" to copy a row of images, paste it into a new image of a certain size, and then manipulate that row of pixels to create the illusion of 3D depth. I won't go into the details of the process here, since it's not all that relevant to the blog itself, but I will say that the process seemed a bit lengthy at first, though it got much easier as I went along. Anyway, here's the finished product:

Now I'm sure that my fellow students (as well as my instructor) have noticed that I didn't exactly follow the instructions to the letter. I tend to do that. To be honest, I wanted to do more (think: adding a curved selection, and transforming that). Whenever possible, I like to stretch myself, and go beyond expectations, and until I'm told to stop (or till it affects my grade in a bad way) I'll continue to do it. Either way, I hope you enjoy this presentation. Until next time, have fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment