Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 10: Water Color

This week we were to create an image that simulated the appearance of a water color painting, following a tutorial provided for us. I have two submissions this week; one that followed the tutorial exactly (minus the images and textures, since the ones provided by the tutorial lead to pages that contained malware, according to Norton), and one that used SOME of the same techniques, but with a few twists. Personally, I prefer the second one, but I'll let you be the judge:


This is the original image, created from the tutorial and using the exact, step-by-step methods described.



This one was composed the same way, but using different methods to render the same effect. It was far easier to do, and to my mind, looks better. But as I said, I'll let you be the judge. Feedback is most welcome, good or ill.

1 comment:

  1. The second one I find more appealing. Also I like the jetty - always some mystery there :)

    ReplyDelete