Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week 6 Lesson: Protrait Caricature



This is a Canvas assignment, but I liked the final output enough that I decided to share.

The assignment was to take a portrait of an individual and morph it into a caricature. I had already used caricatures in a previous project (though not my work) to poke fun at the political scene, and I'm a huge fan of Mad Magazine, so I thought I would reprise the concept one last (yeah, right!) time. For those of you who are not familiar with either Mad Magazine or it's unofficial, unofficial mascot, Alfred E. Neuman, here's his mug, for your enjoyment:







This go-around, I decided to poke fun at one of my favorite presidents, George W. bush. I selected a photo of him from early in his presidency, and I only just realized while working on this project just how much the job has aged him:


Now that you've got the concept, all that's left is to show the finished product:

All in all I think it turned out well enough. There are some differences, of course, but I got the overall feel, I think. Comments are most welcome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment